Resources & ToolsHere are the links to some of my favourite resources and tools
How to easily make social media posts and images
- Make beautiful graphics, images, flyers, videos, gifs and more in Canva.
- I also use Crello, RelayThat, Visme, GetStencil and Easil.
- More Canva alternatives here.
- Get free images with transparent backgrounds at PNGtree – I use this to make my clients’ picture books.
- Make gorgeous images fast on your phone with these apps: WordSwag, PicMonkey and ReType.
- Make fantastic videos for Instagram from your phone with Mojo, Inshot and VideoLeap
- Designsta is also fabulous and has a free tier.
- Infographic tools here.
- Places to find statistics for your Infographs.
How to make videos and screen recordings
- Upload your videos to Vimeo for better privacy options.
- Loom is one of the easiest screen recorders – just send the video as a link.
- Filmora is a very user-friendly video-editing software though there are better/pricier ones like Camtasia.
- You can also make screen recordings on Zoom.
- I use ManyCam and OBS to share both the screen and my face on Facebook and YouTube livestreams.
- The ultimate list of video tools
- Make explainer videos with Biteable, Animoto, Powtoon and Doodly.
- How to make a YouTube Intro video
Where to find nice fonts
- Find nice fonts at fontsquirrel and Dafont.
- Find a list of the best free fonts here.
- Get a really comprehensive guide to good and bad fonts here.
- A visual guide to fonts.
- The best free fonts and nice font combinations.
- The 50 best fonts for LOGOS.
Icons and emojis
- Learn all about WordPress in WPBeginner.
- If you’re planning online courses and membership sites, the only place to go is the Membersite Academy.
- I host with Siteground but BlueHost is a cheaper alternative.
- Lots of FANTASTIC advice, courses and blogs to help you write better copy with Laura at Worditude
- Laura’s fabulous quiz – How effective is your website?
- Designyourownblog is one of my favourite places to learn new stuff as is Blogmelovely
- GDPR Overlay Plugin if you use Divi – just plug it in!
- Check how your website looks on different screens
- Help with Divi
- Free WordPress course
- How to put FAQs on your WordPress website
- Your ‘About Me’ page
- Blog Title Generator
- I’ve set up my Membership site with Memberpress as an add-on to my main site. I could not have done this without Neta from NoHassleWebsite
- If you don’t want to get fiddly with coding, better to go for Teachable or Thinkific, where it’s all done mostly for you (Thinkific seems to have the edge on Teachable these days according to the comments I see on Facebook).
- How to install Google Analytics
- … and the Google Search Console
- Using Google Sitelinks
- Optimizing your Google My Business listings
- I’m trying to keep a list of places to find help with Facebook
- The Facebook Pixel – something you’ll have to learn about at some point – sooner rather than later
- Here’s a very simple way to install the blasted Pixel on your WordPress site
- Mailchimp is still probably the most popular way to get started
- Mailerlite is similar in price to Mailchimp and gets more positive reviews.
- If you want a freebie on your site to collect email addresses, Worditude has excellent ideas and advice.
- How boring is your email title? Check here!
- Countdown timers for email marketing!
- How to put a GIF into an email
- The ultimate guide to chatbots
- Find more open-source (free) software here.
- Amazing things you didn’t know you could do with Chrome Extensions
Making a lead magnet/freebie to collect emails
- Compress your images for faster loading speed at TinyPNG
- Create your PDF Freebie with help from smallPDF or ilovePDF
- PDFEscape is great for making your PDFs fillable
- The best place to watermark your PDFs with your logo is here.
- Get free images from Unsplash, (it has a phone app called Splasher) Pexels or Pixabay
- There are lots of online scheduling systems that you can use to take bookings online such as Acuity and Calendly. However, I’ve heard the best one is Webba, which costs $60.
- Free Add to Calendar button
- Amelia booking system
- How to find great hashtags for Instagram
- Tools to post to Instagram from your desktop
- Instagram Stories tools here.
- Useful list of daily hashtags. Make your own on Display Purposes.
- Linktree lets you have more links on Instagram.
- Instagram stickers
- Useful list of daily hashtags. Create your own lists with Display Purposes
- LOL don’t let this list of ‘Essential Tools‘ put you off! Handy list though!
- The Design Space has lots of other useful blogs too.
- Facebook live tips
- Facebook Ads again and how to lower FB Ads costs.
- Finding your brand – I love this quiz
- Colour palette generators
- Pinterest sends the most traffic to my tutoring website. Get some help here